Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wisdom and Happiness

He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he." ~Solomon

The book of Proverbs is the most read book in my Bible. Years ago I developed a habit of reading one chapter of it a day every month. Since there are 31 chapters, I read the chapter that corresponds to the calendar date. It takes about 5 minutes to read and often times, I'll read it aloud. I challenge everyone reading this to pick up the habit. Start today by reading the 19th chapter.

I find each verse to be a potent seed of wisdom. Sometimes I'll puzzle over a verse for hours after I've read it. There are days when a familiar verse will jump off the page and shake off any built up layers of complacency. There are days when it feels like the same food every day and I don't remember what I read at all. But I trust the Lord to bring them to mind when I need them. I have seen what happens in my life and the life of others when they are not heeded. I trust the Lord to tell me where the traps and pitfalls are in this world and He does that in the book of Proverbs. He loves me and that makes me happy!

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." ~James

Today, I'm praying for those who desire to be happy. I pray they ask for wisdom so they can heed the word and find good and trust the Lord and find true happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment