Friday, March 15, 2013

Hide or Seek

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to see him in his temple." ~David

Seeking something requires looking for it. I know that sounds absurdly obvious but so often I find myself saying that I seek God when in actuality, I'm not looking for Him at all. My focus and thoughts become the flaws and errors of myself and those around me. Grace dims and love grows cold. Daily devotions become dry history lessons and joy vanishes. It's those times that the Holy Spirit will use a verse like the one above to snap my mind back to the eternal. Back to the man sitting on the throne in the temple in heaven. Oh, how I love Jesus.

Right now I dwell in the house of the Lord. I gaze upon his beauty when I look at the mountains, stars and oceans. I see Him in his temple when I read the descriptions of it in the Bible. I look for Him in others and myself. I'm grateful for His promises. What an awesome God I serve!

Today, I'm praying for all those that need to turn thier eyes towards heaven and know that the King of Kings loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment