Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Captivating Woman

"Who can find a wife of valor? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." ~King Lemuel's Mother (Proverbs 31)

I can almost hear the sigh of a mother's heart after the question, "Who can find a wife of valor?" There she was raising a future King and she knew all too well what destroyed even the strongest of men. Women. The first man, the strongest man, the wisest man, even the man after God's own heart all succumbed to the lust of the eyes. "Don't give your strength to women, nor your ways to that which destroys kings," she plead.

As a mother, she set about teaching her son what to value in a woman. Usually I read this poem from the inside out by looking at the characterstics of my life and trying to measure how I'm doing as a wife.  This time, I approached it from the outside in. I decided to be an observer of this woman's day. I imagined how she carried herself through the market place. How she kept busy. I admired her interactions with the people of every station in life. I couldn't help but thinking, "Wow, what a beautiful lady!" I could easily see a man being captivated by her love. Truly a treasure worth more than rubies. 

"Listen, my son, to your father's instuction and do not forsake your mother's teaching." ~Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment