Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Deaf Ears

"To whom can I speak and give warning? Who will listen to me? Their ears are closed so they cannot hear. The word of the Lord is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it." ~Jeremiah

This verse is so sad. It saddens me because I take such great pleasure in the word of God. People that are offended by it miss out on so much. They will never feel thier heart sing with the Psalms or cry with the prophets. They will never feel the passion of the Song of Solomon or the gentle rythme of the Proverbs. They cannot hear his voice in the desert. They refuse to drink from the abundant peace that flows right past them every day. So sad.

Like Jeremiah, I can't be quiet about it. I long for other people to have the Holy Spirit in thier lives. I risk offending them but I have to remember that the word of God is a double-edged sword and it never goes back to the Father without accomplishing what He sent it to do. I want others to know the eternal pleasure that pours forth from the scriptures!

"He who has ears, let him hear." ~Jesus  

No comments:

Post a Comment