Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lighting the Way

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light: in him there is no darkness at all." ~John

It thrills me to think of God as light without darkness. The world is so dark and death is glorified in everything from entertainment to skulls on apparel. It can be extremely discouraging if I focus on the encroaching darkness. I need to keep in mind that light shines brightest the darker it gets. I need to be walking in the light, it's the only way I can see where I'm going!

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." ~Jesus

When the Holy Spirit filled me with His presence, I became light too. What an awesome image. I've come to understand that I don't have to try to shine the light, I am the light. When He lit me up God didn't put me under a bowl, He set me on a stand! Sometimes, I feel like a candle in the dark but that's okay. Even the smallest of flames dispels darkness and lights the path for others.

Today, I pray that I'm given an opportunity to let the light of God shine forth. Now I'm off to sing "This Little Light of Mine". Why don't you join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment