Friday, March 29, 2013

Forgetting the Best Part

"The Son of Man is about to be betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him, and the third day He will be raised up." ~Jesus

Even knowing that Jesus was going to be raised up from death would not have made it easier for the disciples to watch Him die a public and torturous death. My mother's heart grieves with Mary as she must've watched helplessly as her firstborn son was murdered. I wonder if I had been alive at that time, if I would've been at that execution to begin with. What would've captured my attention? Would it have been the smell of drying blood? Would it be justice served to the thieves? Perhaps, the agony or anger of the people as they watched. Would I have been drawn by the dice game the soldiers played or admired the weaving of the robe they were gambling for? The cries of the condemned, the violence of the crowd and the overall bloody outcome would've been overwhelming. After such an ordeal, it's no wonder they forgot about the "raised up" part!

"Behold my hands and my feet, that is is I myself. Handle me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." ~Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment