Monday, March 18, 2013

Forgiving Lies

Forgiveness is a strange concept. Just to let go and accept that you've been forgiven isn't easy. I wonder why it's hard to receive something that is so vital to love. I know that my creator has forgiven me for my sins but often times, I mope around as if I don't believe Him. God has forgiven me so why can't I forgive myself? I began to realize that by not accepting the fact that God has forgiven and forgotten my sins, I was calling Him a liar.      

It's funny how something like forgiveness can be a trap for my attention. My focus becomes my sin and my thoughtlife no longer dwells on whatever is true, noble, just, pure, lovely or praiseworthy. My mind gets bogged down in the mire of shame, guilt and personal reproach. I begin to quench the Spirit and my prayers feel like they're bouncing off the ceiling and back at me. To feel unforgiven is lonely and depressing. Hopeless... A lie!

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." ~John

Today, I am praying for those who need to confess and accept the forgiveness of God!




No comments:

Post a Comment