Thursday, March 7, 2013

Teaching Women

"Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to thier husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."  ~Titus 2:4

As an (ahem) older woman,  this verse was what I used when I was teaching an all-girls Sunday school class of 3rd-6th graders. Since obviously these girls were neither married nor had children, I used thier parents' relationships as examples and encouraged them to be looking for these traits in thier mothers. I was both amazed and amused by some of thier stories.

I asked the class once, "How does your Mom show love to your Dad?" One eager little girl got this disgusted look on her face and said, "She kisssses him eeeeeverywhere!" "Oh!" I squeaked, not sure where this was going. "Yeah!" she explained dramatically, "She kisses him in the KIT-chen and in the livingroooom and out on the patioooo..." She rolled her eyes, "Just EVERYWHERE!" The other little girls bobbed thier heads in agreement and exclaimed in unison, "Mine too!"

I went home that day and kissed my husband... just everywhere!

Today, I'm praising God for the parents of all those beauiful young women!

No comments:

Post a Comment