Thursday, March 28, 2013

Eternally Unique

"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation." ~Hebrews

There is a speck of time in eternity that no one will be able to avoid.  Their own death. We can theorize around it, fear it, embrace it, long for it and fight it but we cannot avoid it. Everyone alive today will one day be dead. Death doesn't care if you're Catholic, Atheist, Mormon or Humanist. In fact, it doesn't care what label you give yourself or title bestowed you by men. Just as inevitable and impartial as death is judgement. Again; we can theorize around it, fear it, embrace it, long for it and fight it, but it too, cannot be avoided. God is no respecter of men. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

God's own son also was appointed to die once and then face judgement. His death was unique just as my death will be. No one is born the same, no one will die the same. He rose from the dead and took His place on the throne of heaven just as I will rise and take up the place that He has prepared just for me in His kingdom. He appeared to me once and forgave me my sin and caused me to be born into that kingdom. He will appear to me again and take me with Him to where He is. How exciting! But still a little scary.

"My beloved spoke, and said to me; 'Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. for lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land!"' ~Solomon  *sigh...*

No comments:

Post a Comment