Friday, February 1, 2013

A Place For Me

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." ~Jesus

There is only one me and there is only one you. Each of us has our own unique makeup, personality, and place in this world. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. No two the same. God determined the times set for us and the exact places where we should live. He did this so that we would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. So why do I so often imagine heaven as being the same for everyone?

Jesus has prepared a place for me. Just for me. He's coming back for me too so I can be with him. I want to hear his laughter. I long to sing with him. Until he does come for me though, I can get a glimpse of his glory by listening to my grandchildren's laughter and my husband's singing. Indeed, he isn't far from me. Just one heartbeat away!

Today, I am praying for wide open eyes to see His glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment