Friday, February 15, 2013

Reflecting on Light

"You are the light of the world." ~Jesus

Well, Jesus says I'm the light of the world. Nice! Being who I am, I wanted to know just what that meant. I don't want to miss out on any of the benefits of being light, you know. I began to meditate on the properties of light.

Light dispels darkness. It is the presense of all color. It illuminates everything in it's path and reveals what's in the darkness without prejudice or partiality. It makes things sparkle without drawing attention to itself. Light draws everything from bugs to weary travellers to itself. Light is eternal.

Together we are a city on a hill that cannot be hidden. Seperately we are single lamps placed on stands to light the house.

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." ~Jesus 

Today, I'm so grateful for eyes that were made to see light!


No comments:

Post a Comment