Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Song

"And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth." Revelation 14:3

I was surprised to find that I was jealous of these men. A new song that only they could learn?! I wanna learn a new song, I whined. Then it dawned on me that this is going to be awesome to hear! I decided that I wanted to be as close to the throne as possible. You know, for the ultimate surround sound. I'm sure it will be so loud that noone will hear me clapping along. I wonder if they will be marching around the throne. Sort of like a parade for the King. Ahhh, like the royal army they are. Won't that be wonderful to see!

I decided that I may not be able to learn the words to THAT particular song but I could learn the words to all the songs that John recorded as being sung in heaven. I wanted to know all the words to the other songs so when I get there, I'll be able to join right in! So, I wrote one and sang it and you know, every time I sing and play it, it's a new song. It made me realize that those 144,000 have probably never sung together until that point in eternity. Every time we sing a song, it's new.

Today I'm praying for those that need to sing a song... out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment