Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Battle Stations

"You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you".  ~Jahaziel

This battle is one of my favorites in the old testament simply because I like Jehoshaphat. When confronted with a vast army, he resolves to inquire of the Lord and proclaim a fast for all Judah. Then, he goes to the Lord before all his people and prays honestly, "We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." He was told, to take up your positions, stand firm, watch what God can do and don't be afraid or discouraged! You can read the whole story in 2 Chronicles 20.

After reading this, I began to really do some deep self-examination. What was the position I was to take up? I looked at my life and saw that I was a wife and mother. I needed to take up that position and stand firm and watch what God would do. Believe me, there were times when the kids were teenagers that it was hard to not be afraid or discouraged. There were plenty of times where I went to the Lord and said, "I don't know what to do, but my eyes are on you." I found comfort in taking up my position, strength in standing firm and joy in seeing the Lord's deliverance! Just like Jehoshaphat!

Today, I'm praying for those that need the joy of the Lord!










  

No comments:

Post a Comment