Monday, February 18, 2013

Parent Pride

"Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of thier children." ~Solomon

Parents are the pride of their children. Hmmm... I started to examine the times in my life when my children expressed pride in thier father and I. It took me back to thier kindergarten pictures. I was always drawn dressed in a puffy sleeved princess gown with high heels and a crown. Everyone was told I was the prettiest Mom in the whooooole world. Makes me smile.

One day trudging through the woods as a family, my husband was pushing over rotted out trees to make the path safe for the kids to play. He must've pushed over seven  big trees like they were styrofoam. The children watched in awe. "Push this one over, Dad!" my son said with enthusiasm. He had his little hand on a healthy, 200-year-old, cedar tree. My husband backed up and looked at it thoughtfully, stroked his beard and said, "Naah, Kevin, I want that one there." Everyone was told, "My Dad is the strongest man in the world."

On a thirty-six hour train ride with the three kids ages five and under, everyone was told that "My Dad is building a house as big as that mountain! My Mom grows roses, she has a red one for the blood of Christ, a white one for His purity, a purple one for His royality, and a Peace one, well, you know, for the peace that Jesus gives."

My children have children now. I think I'll plant a rose garden and put on my crown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment