Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Preparing for Battle

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified: do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." ~Joshua 1:9

Reading through the first chapter of Joshua, God told the man to be strong and courageous FOUR times! He must've been terrified and in need of encouragement. Indeed, what God was asking him to do was going to need faith. Faith that God really was with him and that the land across the Jordan really was thier inheritance. Faith that the battle really did belong to the Lord.

There have been times in my life when I struggle with discouragement. It's then that the Lord takes me aside for awhile just to remind me that He's commanded me to be strong and courageous. He hides me in the shadow of his wings and whispers His love to me with the wind. He reminds me that I can rest in His care. That there is nothing that will happen to me that He doesn't control. The battle is His and I get to celebrate the victory every day... just watch! *Sigh*... How can anyone NOT love a King like that?

Today, I'm praying for all those stuggling to overcome fear and discouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment