Monday, February 25, 2013

Real Piece of Work

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." ~Paul of Tarsus

I like to examine the life of Ananias. There he was in Damascus probably trying to figure out how he was going to protect his family, and the Lord calls him. He tells him to walk right up to the very man responsible for the persecution and heal him. Sometimes, I imagine what it must've been like to be his wife! If my husband told me that he was told to go to Straight Street and give sight to a violent man with authority to arrest him, how would I react? I'd probably say something stupid like, "Can't you give old Barnabas sight instead? Are you SURE that's what God said?"

Ananias protests until the Lord said, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name." If my husband told me that this guy would suffer, I may be inclined to say, "GOOD!" I'll bet when he left the house, she was on her face before God. Then he brings him home!

What rich fellowship must've taken place at thier house as the men combed the scriptures. What a surprise it must've been when he stood up and preached about Jesus in the synagogues! What a risk they took to sneak him out of the city. How they must've missed him when he left. I'm sure I would've. 

You can read this great story in Acts 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment