Monday, February 4, 2013

Body of Light

"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness." ~Jesus

This verse forced me to look at the way I was seeing things. It was natural for me to look for the flaws in everything and everybody. Oh, my motives were always good, I mean, who wouldn't want my honest opinion on how to improve themselves? Right? Everyone can use "constuctive" critism. Right? I was surprised to discover that this type of attitude left me dwelling on the negative in everything and everybody. How darkness had crept into my body and threatened to snuff out the smoldering wick of my faith. "Oh Lord! How can I change?! I want my eyes to be good and my body filled with light. Make my eyes shine like so many other Christians I know. I want the love, joy and peace that comes from having you in my life. Show me how!"

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- THINK ABOUT SUCH THINGS." ~Philippians 4:8

That was the key to training my mind to see good and lighting the lamp of my body! I thought it would be hard and it was. I took baby steps and began with my husband. Okay... let's see... what is true about him... It really made me see how far I had fallen. Then onto each child. It kept getting easier and easier. It didn't take long before I was seeing the light in my eyes if I looked real hard. I didn't have to look hard to see it in my childrens eyes though!

"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" ~Jesus

Today, I'm praying for everyone who needs to ask for the Holy Spirit to light them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment