Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thirsty Kids

"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." ~Deuteronomy 6:6,7

God's commandments are to be upon our hearts, not just on plaques or monuments or even t-shirts but in thoughts and speech. Thinking about the scriptures, talking about the implications and sharing revelations freely with children is a gift. The next generation is thirsty for living water.

I've had a scripture board for over twenty years now. If something caught my attention while I was doing my daily reading, I would write the scripture on the board. It amazed me to see how many times the people coming in and out of my house would ask me about it. I had some really deep conversations with eight-year-olds and extremely spirited conversations with sixteen-year-olds. Each one contributed to my deeper understanding of who Jesus is and I'd fall in love with Him all over again.

Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

No comments:

Post a Comment