Monday, May 27, 2013

Sunlit Mist

"What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." ~James

I'm taken by the imagery in this verse. When I meditate on my life being a mist I'm intrigued by the implications and astounded by the simplistic truth of it. I'm one small vapor in a vast and colorful universe. A little puff of air and water drifting through this reality, slowly dissipating in whirling motion. Life is so fragile and fleeting. It can't be grasped, it will vanish like a mist into eternity.

I've noticed that mist sparkles brilliant colors and tosses tiny rainbows when the sun is shining through it. The drops of water soften harsh lines and create mystery. Yes, my life is a mist that will vanish but while I have it, I want God's love to shine through it. I want my life to sparkle with the vibrant colors of light. I want it to toss those tiny bows of promise into this darkening world!

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" ~John

No comments:

Post a Comment