Thursday, May 2, 2013

Choosing Ways

"Do not envy a violent man or choose any of his ways, for the Lord detests a perverse man but takes the upright into his confidence." ~Solomon

Violence and perversity. How prevalent they are in society today. When I turn my eyes to the world and meditate on the rotting decay of society, my hope dims. The violent are envied for their deadly moves and intimidating demeanor. The perverse are rewarded with laughter, attention and in some cases even money. Sometimes it just doesn't seem fair.

It was at such a time that this verse came as a real comfort. It's comforting for me to know that the Lord detests perverse and violent people but it was the end of the verse that caught my spirit. My creator has taken me into his confidence and has shown me that violence and perversity are traps. They lead to troubles and unnecessary trials. I know that the wise inherit honor, but fools he holds up to shame.

"The Lord's curse is on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the home of the righteous." ~Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment