Friday, May 17, 2013

Perfect Love

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom." ~Jesus

Every day I get closer to the kingdom of heaven. My life is speeding by at an unstoppable rate. Sometimes, I feel almost paralyzed by the fear of dying. It's not so much the death part but the pain of the process that scares me. It's at those times of fear that the Lord will come along beside me to reassure me of his eternal love. It's then that the shepherd of my soul steps in to drive off the wolves that my mind has set loose in my spirit.

In times of fear, my imagination turns dark. It's not long before I'm focused completely on myself and give no thought to the things of God. My conversation is no longer sprinkled with salt or a messenger of joy to the people around me. I'm so grateful for all the times that Jesus said, "Don't be afraid!" But try as I might, I couldn't change my emotions. It was then that the Lord gave me these verses in 1John.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The man who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us."

♪Yes, Jesus loves me!





No comments:

Post a Comment