Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Joyful Thanks

"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." ~John

I'm so grateful for God's grace. Because of it, I won't get what I deserve. I've receive one blessing after another. I'm so blessed that sometimes I'm almost embarrassed. Almost. When I begin to thank my creator for all the blessings he's showered me with, I can't help but want to bless him in return. I have a deep need to share the love poured into me. My desire for more of God's Spirit becomes a thirst. My soul longs for the living God and not for the things of this world. My peace comes from snuggling into the fullness of his grace. Joy comes from the hope that springs from faith. My spirit sings out, "Keep blessing me, Lord! Don't ever stop!"

While getting to know Jesus, God revealed how I can bless him. I bless him by loving others. When I'm patient and kind to people and give them grace, my God is honored. He knows when I'm exercising self-control. The Holy Spirit can flow in and through me when I choose what is pleasing to God.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  ~Paul



No comments:

Post a Comment