Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lasting Supper

Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'" And he added, "These are the true words of God." ~John

Every time I attend a wedding or go to a reception I think about this verse. I've accepted an invitation to attend this wedding supper of the lamb. I've been meditating on what form the blessings might come in. My first thoughts are selfish of course. New clothes, shoes, and jewels. The Spirit points to the flowers and their splendid fashion. I will be radiant in simplicity just like one of them. Besides, it's all provided and who needs shoes?

Anticipation swells when I think about the people I will be seeing and the families I'll be meeting. My mind wanders to the music and lands on my friend Marge. I replay hymns in my memory and again watch her gnarled hands pound out her favorites. I will sing with her again at the wedding supper. She would always make me sing her favorite, "Make Me a Blessing". And he did. I'm certain there's going to be a lot of music at this wedding supper. I'm going to ask the groom to sing one for us too. I would really like to hear him and the disciples sing the hymn they sung on their way to the Mount of Olives after his last supper. I hope he takes requests!

There will be dancing too. I want to dance with Jesus and my husband.  I'd like to see the dance King David did before the ark of the covenant as it was carried into Jerusalem. I hope to pick up a tambourine and sing and dance with Miriam and the woman like they did after walking through the red sea. The more I think about this wedding supper, the more I'm thankful that eternity never ends!

Just think of the wine and food too. *Happy Sigh*... Yes, truly I have been blessed by the invitation to the wedding supper of the lamb. I've given my RSVP and when the time comes, I'll be there. Radiant in simplicity and in awe of his glory!

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thank to him and praise his name." ~Psalms









No comments:

Post a Comment