Thursday, May 9, 2013

Believe and Love

"And this is his command; to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. and this is how we know that  he lives in us; We know it by the Spirit he gave us." ~John

When I decided to identify myself with Jesus something amazing happened. The world took on different shades. Colors seemed more intense and the words "born again" were the only words that came close to describing the incredible change. My heart rejoiced with a love that was far beyond my ability to conjure up and others who had this incredible gift became instant family. History became my classroom and ancient prophets and kings satisfied my thirst for wisdom. The Holy Spirit became not only my teacher but my heart mate. Time was laid bare and flowed through my life as my soul was joined to the believers throughout the centuries. My struggles to be a good person were converted to a desire to tell others about the forgiveness and love that were only a heart whisper away. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God but I've found that there is no other place I want to be.

"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them." ~Jesus



No comments:

Post a Comment