Monday, May 6, 2013

Minor Irritations

"Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us." ~Isaiah

I'm finding it hard to concentrate on anything other than not feeling well. So many people deal daily with pain and illness that are much more debilitating than anything I've ever gone through. I know people that have quiet and gentle spirits during some of the most horrendous physical trials and here I sit, whining and complaining. Not quiet or gentle at all, just cranky!

The mood was darkened still further by the fact that all my summer clothes shrunk over the winter. I have a closet full of sun dresses that no longer fit. Everything is wearing out and once again, I'm jealous of the Israelites in the desert. Their shoes and clothes didn't wear out for 40 years! That would be heaven. They didn't have to worry about their weight or meal planning. They hung out under a cloud all day and sang by a pillar of fire at night. But, like me, they didn't realize how good they had it and they whined and complained too.

So it was in the storm of this irrational irritation that I went to the Lord. The Spirit nudged me into the word and filled me with conviction. My bratty ways and attitude were taking my thoughts down a desolate path. The thundercloud surrounding me slowly began to brighten. My mind's eye shifted off myself and my physical condition as well as my wardrobe malfunction and back onto the blessings that God has so abundantly showered me with. Today, I'm counting my blessings and naming them one by one.

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" ~Isaiah

No comments:

Post a Comment