Friday, October 25, 2013

Two are One

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy..." ~Paul

I asked the Lord to open my eyes to the love that he has for the church. I was considerably taken aback when the Spirit washed over my mind with this verse. Random memories of my husband's patience with me and the kindness he's always had came rushing through my spirit. Every morning when the alarm sounds and he drags himself out of bed to shower and go to work, he's giving his life for me. Love always perseveres, one day at a time. He thinks I'm worth it even though there are a lot of people that would disagree. He is captivated by my love and I have no idea why. He chose me, gave me his name, proclaimed me his, and has been protecting me for over thirty years. What a wonderful example of the love that Christ has for the church. Thank you Lord, for opening my eyes to it!

"...As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you." ~Isaiah



No comments:

Post a Comment