Friday, October 11, 2013

Giving Up

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." ~Paul

Reading a book on how to get started writing, the first thing it asked was what I was willing to give up to write. I thought about that for a long time and came to the conclusion at that time in my life that I wasn't willing to give up anything that I was using my time for. I had carefully balanced my life and was happy with the way it was proceeding. I didn't want to write bad enough.

Fast forward a few years and the urge to write became strong once again. That's when I began contemplating starting a blog. The question tugged at my mind. What was I willing to give up? This time the Spirit intervened and led me to the verse above in the letter to Timothy. My physical training was of some value but speaking forth God's word and sharing the wonderful things he has taught me and the amazing things he has shown me hold promise for all eternity! I had to use the time I had set aside for my workouts and replace it with writing. I have to admit, I wish I could've given up housework instead.

"Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress." ~Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment