Thursday, October 10, 2013

Kept Well

"Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the Lord." ~Solomon

Someone I admire the opinion of gushed on and on about her new friend she had met on a cruise. Apparently, this new friend was a rich man's mistress. He had supplied her with an upscale apartment and an allowance that was enough for her to live comfortably without having to work. He showered her with flowers and jewelry. She was a kept woman who didn't have to be a fulltime worker, wife, or mother. She got to go on cruises and travel too. She could shop every day if she wanted and actually buy things!

I'm not sure if it was the glazed dreamy look of the person regaling me with the wonderful life this "kept woman" lived or what but a small seed of envy sprang a root in my heart. Envy of a woman whom I had never met. The Lord asked, "Why?" I searched my heart for an answer and discovered that God had given me so much more than what the kept woman had. I don't work outside my custom home. I have fields of flowers and all sorts of jewelry. I've traveled. Even better though, I have a husband that loves me and is home every night. I have children and grandchildren. I am truly a kept woman. Kept by God!

"For your Maker is your husband- the Lord Almighty is his name..." ~Isaiah

No comments:

Post a Comment