Friday, October 4, 2013

Seeking Wisdom

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." ~James

I constantly ask God for wisdom before I read his word then I rest in the knowledge that he gives it. The Spirit breathes life into each nugget of truth that flows out of the pages and into my heart. Every morning when I read a chapter of Proverbs it rings with pure wisdom and every verse is golden. They wash over me and cleanse me, heal me, and rebuke me. I seek it out and have become enchanted by it.

I can see why the queen of Sheba sought an audience with Solomon so many years ago. How wonderful it would have been to listen to the discussions amid the splendor of the royal palace. Being a scribe and carefully recording the Proverbs for the king would have been an amazing position. When she departed back to her country, she expressed envy of the servants in his presence and I can totally relate to that sentiment. How grateful I am that his words were preserved through the centuries and I can marinate in their wisdom every day!

"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom." ~Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment