Thursday, October 3, 2013

Good Things

"I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." ~Paul

I was expounding on the beauty and uniformity of creation to an atheist. I could see that he wanted to believe in a creator but couldn't push past his prejudices. He had carefully constructed scientific arguments that he leveled at me with genuine curiosity mixed with skepticism. I replied to each with a combination of scripture, common sense, and answers I had learned from my own searches. After about fifteen minutes of this spirited conversation, I felt the Holy Spirit take over. I could actually feel the light pouring out my eyes. Sunshine broke through the clouds, tumbled through the skylight and clothed me in gold. I will never forget the look on that man's face. His jaw dropped and his eyes grew round as he exclaimed, "Your AURA is HUGE right now!" I giggled involuntarily, "It's the Holy Spirit. He's one of the best parts of knowing the creator!" God had used me to make himself real to this gentleman. Just by sharing my faith, I began to understand more and more every good thing I have in Christ. How awesome is that?

Since that conversation, this man confessed Jesus as his savior and now his aura is huge too! We still have some pretty lively conversations which I thoroughly enjoy. As a brother, he's another good thing I have in Christ!

"Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints." ~Paul 

No comments:

Post a Comment