Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Daddy's Home

He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. ~John

I was meditating on the return of Jesus and reminded of a prayer I said long ago. My daughter was around three years old and very much a Daddy's girl. She eagerly awaited his homecoming from work every day and would dance around, giggle and squeal when he opened the door. He would empty his arms and she would fly into them and they would twirl around together, completely captivated by each other. I remember praying, "Jesus when you return, please give me the same enthusiasm and love for you that my baby girl has for her Daddy! When you come back, I want to be so joyful that I dance, giggle and squeal until I am enveloped in your arms."

"Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." ~Paul 

No comments:

Post a Comment