Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Escape Plan

"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!" ~Paul

It's when I think that I'm doing pretty good in my constant battle to be better that pesky temptations sneak in. The temptation to think I'm doing it all by myself is one of the worst. I'm getting better at recognizing those sneaky darts for what they are and extinguishing them before they can consume too much of my thoughts or begin smoldering in my desires. It's comforting to know that God will not let me be tempted beyond what I can bear. He always provides a way out.

I've started looking for those escape routes ahead of time now. I can't say that I think about avoiding temptation as much as I seek the way out the Lord provides so that I can stand up under it. I've found it impossible to completely avoid temptation but I have found God to be faithful in always providing a clear way of escape. I just have to be willing to take it and not get entangled with the sin that so easily ensnares me. I want to be careful not to fall!

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" ~Isaiah  

No comments:

Post a Comment