Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Solid Foundation


"For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ." ~Paul

When my husband and I marked out the foundation for our house, we carefully used the instruments to make sure it would be level and we dug down to hard pan for stability. The footings had to be just so and we were well aware that any mistakes would be magnified at the time of building. If the foundation was strong, the house could withstand earthquakes and storms. Even if fire swept away the rest, the foundation would remain and the house reconstructed on it.

I'm grateful for this illustration of Paul's. Jesus is a firm foundation that has passed the test of time. I can trust that if I build my life with him as the center, I can withstand the earthquakes and storms that life deals out. Even when the fiery trials come, my foundation is firm and any reconstructing can begin.

So this is what the Sovereign Lord says; "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trust will never be dismayed." ~Isaiah






No comments:

Post a Comment