Thursday, June 20, 2013

Witnessing Power

"And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~Paul

I've jumped into arguments full force in the past. Defending Christianity, sticking up for Jesus and ranting about the rabid immorality of society, both vehemently and aggressively. Until I was struck by the absurdity of it. How was anyone going to learn about the love that God has for them in Jesus through my sarcasm and nasty quips? Quarrels kill kindness. They render me unable to teach because they close off a pupils desire to learn. Resentment festers when respect is absent and hearts solidify. It's a losing proposition. A no-win situation. An unfruitful endeavor.

Jesus doesn't need defenders, he needs witnesses. He desires me to tell people what he's done in my life and how he's done it. No one can argue about that. Christianity itself doesn't need me to rally for it. The world will always hate it as it hated Jesus. Society will continue on the broad road to hell but there are those who will be called out by God's Spirit, not by might nor by power: Not even by fancy, witty sayings spat out in the heat of debate. Those individuals that are seeking to find hope not a slap. I pray that I can show them where to find that living water and not someone that bats their cup away.

"I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand." ~Isaiah



 

No comments:

Post a Comment