Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Revealing Love

"He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." ~Jesus

I'm enthralled with the idea that the creator of the universe desires me to know him. The power that holds the atoms together wants me to become acquainted with his very emotions. He wants to let me know what he's thinking, who he is and most importantly, that he loves me. I'm intrigued and amazed at the ways that Jesus has shown himself to me. He uses every minute of my day to show me that God loves me. People, circumstances, the Bible, even the weather opens up revelations into the person of Jesus for me. The Holy Spirit fills me and reminds me that I'm loved every day.

How easy it can be to forget that simple truth though. There are trials that test me and make me wonder if God really does love me. I find myself wallowing with the world in an attitude that displeases my father. Questions come to the forefront. "If God reeeally loves me than why does he...?" or "If God reeeally loves me, than why won't he...?" My attention drifts away from the simple praises for who he is and gets stuck in the mire of want and discontent. It's in these storms that Jesus will reveal himself to me as sovereign.

"...because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in." ~Solomon  

No comments:

Post a Comment