Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Royal Clothing

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple." ~Isaiah

A robe with a train that filled the temple must be spectacular! A robe of midnight studded with stars perhaps. How beautiful it must be. When I look around at the wonderful patterns in nature and the ever-changing  textures, I can see the train as a canopy of trees. Green and vibrant. Or shimmering like the air on the desert sand. Sometimes, azure and rippling like the ocean with transient sparkles, strikes my fancy. Perhaps it's as radiant as a sunset in the splendor of orange, red, yellow and glowing flame. Could it be white and royal blue like the sun-bleached clouds being chased across the rain-cleaned sky?

Someday, I'll see the Lord seated on the throne, high and exalted. When that happens, I doubt that my attention will be on his robe. After all, I'll have all eternity to be checking that stuff out!

"O Lord my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty." ~David

No comments:

Post a Comment