Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Refreshing Times

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord." ~Peter

To feel the renewal of life every morning and greet the day with a clean and happy heart is so refreshing. To drink from the river of life and have my feet washed by the Holy Spirit reminds me of lazy days by the rushing river or the gentle scrubbing of ocean waves. I hear God's voice in the rain and watch the seeds stretch forth in response. I feel his love in the caress of the wind and my spirit mounts up with wings as eagles; riding on invisible currents effortlessly.

The word takes me to the very throne room of heaven and sets my imagination loose with the framework. Images of the golden glow of the Seraphim and six winged creatures appeal to the kid in me. The rumbling of thunder and flashes of lightening better than any fireworks show. The supper more wonderful than a family reunion; filled with all ages, races and joyously one in his name. What could be more refreshing than being forgiven and welcomed into the kingdom of heaven?

"Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. "though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow: though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." ~Isaiah





No comments:

Post a Comment