Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sharing the News

"I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that  you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." ~Paul

When I'm actively sharing about Jesus and the freedom and joy that comes from knowing him, my understanding of God is increased. Preconceived doctrines are challenged and thoughtful debates lead to deeper study into the Bible. The resistance to the Holy Spirit is made glaringly obvious and the breakthrough of new life in a repentant sinner a cause for great celebration. I become part of the call of God to a dying world. An ambassador for the Kingdom of heaven.

When I speak the word of God to dull ears, I can almost see the double-edged sword at work. If the Spirit is present in another, even if they're strangers, there is an instant bond. Even if we don't speak the same language, we connect and are blessed. Yes, actively sharing gives me a fuller understanding that one of the best things we have in Christ are each other.

"I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete union to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." ~Jesus' prayer



No comments:

Post a Comment