Thursday, June 27, 2013

Never Seperated

"The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God." ~Paul

I'm totally convinced that there is nothing that can separate me from the love of God that I have through Christ Jesus my Lord. What a glorious feeling to know that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, can separate me from that. Where can I go to get away from God? Why would I want to?

There have been doubts that have haunted me in the past. It's like an accuser that sneaks into my brain and rattles the ground around the roots of my faith. They usually slither in by a question. Questions like, "If God really loves you, then why is this happening to you?" Or "How can you say you love God if you still sin?" When I start dwelling on accusations, I begin to shrink into shadow instead of singing in the light. I slowly morph into an accuser myself. Instead of looking at the good, just, and right things in others; My attention is diverted to their shortcomings. I risk being a grumbler and faultfinder. A gossip and busybody. How quickly darkness descends and peace becomes elusive! Love for others evaporates and suspicions are fueled.

I don't have to worry though, God loves me enough to tap me on the shoulder and show me that I'm standing in the darkness and he wants me in the light. He reminds me of his love for me and for others. He shows me that in him, I live and breathe and have my being. Sometimes, he comes with questions too, "Marie, have you been listening to the accuser again? Come here!" Forgive me, Father!

"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water." ~Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment