Thursday, June 6, 2013

Great Shots

"I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds." ~David

I like to take pictures. My subjects are usually my grand kids, bugs, and plants. I've spent hours chasing butterflies and dragonflies to try to get the perfect shot. I've watched the sun set and marveled at the golden hues while dwelling on the settings it would take to capture them perfectly in pixels. I take my camera everywhere and am no longer shy about whipping it out of my purse to snap a masterpiece. It's in my pocket when I water the garden and abstracts of lettuce are not an unheard of shot. My penchant for pictures has led into a deeper awe of God. 

Yesterday, I left my camera in the house while doing chores outside. Everywhere I looked became a photo opt. The big yellow butterfly that I had chased around the acres landed on a perfectly formed rrhododendron flower and spread it's wings majestically. Posing not more than a foot away from me, it gracefully adjusted itself into perfect composition. A little garter snake slide through the garden, it's body mimicking the lines on the ground. Another missed photo. Even the sky was photogenic with clouds modeling in feathery shapes. I ran in the house to get my absent camera but by the time I got back, the butterfly was off, the snake was nowhere to be found and the feathers had drifted past the tree line. I was irritated with myself for not having a way to preserve such magnificent scenes. Honestly, I gripped to the Lord about it. He quietly listened as he does so often, then he reminded me that all the pictures I've missed are part of his photo albums. Everything was made for his pleasure and it was his pleasure to show me the beauty. How thankful I am that he shares such wonders with me. Instead of getting irritated, I've decided to thank God for the glimpse into his very own photo albums and try not to be too jealous!

"Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God?" ~David

2 comments:

  1. You have such a way with words; I felt that I was with you the whole way! Love you Marie!

    ReplyDelete