Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Reconciliation Rules

"We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God."

I've been mulling over the concept of reconciliation these days. In order for any reconciling to be done, there has to be someone willing to hold out the olive branch. Someone that sacrifices and offers to forgive and forget and someone that is willing to want that forgiveness. Both parties have to want to be together and both parties have to accept the terms of the relationship if there is to be any reconciliation.

God held out an olive branch to a dying world in the form of a man. His son. He offered  forgiveness for whatever had been keeping me from his presence. God desired to destroy the wall of hostility that had choked the life out of me. He offered me reconciliation but I had to want it. I had to accept his terms. I had to confess Jesus as my Lord and believe in my heart that God had raised him from the dead. I had to want to be with him! It takes the faith of a child. So simple yet so profound. 

"God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them." ~Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment