Monday, June 10, 2013

Walking the Aisle

"Then the Lord God made a woman from the part he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man." ~Moses

My mind has been camped out in weddings lately. I've been reminiscing about all the wonderful weddings I've been to. Each different and each filled with promise and family. I'd have to say that my favorite part of a wedding is when the bride walks up the aisle with her daddy and he presents her to her man. Brings tears to my eyes every time. I think it's because it brings to mind the first wedding in Eden.

Eve's father, God, presented her to Adam much the same way our earthly fathers give their daughters to be wed. There are very few similarities from there though. There was no fancy dress, tuxedos or cake. There was no ceremony, candle lighting or rings. God himself was the justice of the peace and the only witness to the union. He was also the father of the bride and the creator of the groom!

I'll bet there was lots of flowers as God decorated the garden for the day. Perfect weather for a wedding and an all-you-can-eat salad bar. I wonder if they were by a river so their union was accompanied by the music of moving water. What  a beautiful and fun filled wedding it must have been!

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord." ~Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment