Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rising Sun

"But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings." ~Lord Almighty

It's a cold and soggy day today and I haven't felt well all morning. Even an impromptu picture taking spree hasn't been enough to pull me out of this funk. I realize that what I need is a radical attitude adjustment so I'm meditating on this verse in Malachi. It probably stuck out to me because it has both the words "sun" and "healing" in it!

My mind wanders to the properties of the sun and how they can be applied to describe righteousness. Righteousness rises inside like the sun in the morning when my thoughts dwell on the person of Jesus. The only truly righteous man to ever walk the earth. The warmth of the Holy Spirit encompasses me when I accept the fact that I'm forgiven and have been made righteous before God. The light of God calls to people of all nations like the light of the sun beckons me outside.

It's stopped raining and the clouds are thinning. I'm still not feeling the best I've ever felt but I'm filled with an unexplainable joy. Time to go play outside!  

"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.." ~Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment