Thursday, April 11, 2013

Trading Shadows

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." ~David

Today as the sun burst through the thin layer of cloud cover, this verse came to mind when I caught sight of my shadow flitting across the wall. I got to thinking about the shadow of death.

Death loomed between me and the light of eternity like a hideous monster. It's sting was sin and it was swallowing my life in greedy gulps. My sin had seperated me from the love that God had for me. I felt consumed by shadow, walking through a dark valley, and afraid of the evil I found within myself.

It was at that time in my life that the name Jesus kept jumping out at me from every direction. This valley was familiar territory for him. He'd faced this monster and won. He promised me he would never leave me, that God loved me and forgave me. I'm one of his children and it's comforting to know that he's there with his rod and staff. Not to punish me with but to direct my steps with gentle nudges and consistent preasure. I traded the shadow of death for the shadow of the Almighty!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." ~David









No comments:

Post a Comment