Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sowing in Sadness

"Better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of feasting, for that is the end of all men; and the living will take it to heart." ~Solomon

Once again, I've been asked to sing a song at a memorial service. It's an honor to be asked to play and sing in the house of mourning. Hearts are broken and God is never far from the broken hearted. I hope to plant seeds in the cracks created by sorrow. I pray that those seeds will be watered by the tears of the saints and caused to grow by the Holy Spirit as it quietly seeps through the silent chapel. A hiding place for those in need of comfort.

May my voice be clear and the chords echo through the halls of heaven. May they touch the tired and weary and give strength to the downcast. May my heart be right and my motives pure as I proclaim the gospel in song to the hearts of the mourning family.

"Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy." ~Psalms 126:5

No comments:

Post a Comment