Tuesday, April 9, 2013

See Ya

"Keep on loving each other as brothers." ~Hebrews

I just received a phone call from the man that led me to the knowledge of Jesus. He has cancer of the liver and has been sent home to await his appointment with death. There is no fear in his voice, he was laughing and bantering with me as always. I told him that since there is no time in heaven, I will be there when he gets there. I'll really miss him here on earth though. He said he would put in a good word for me and thanked me for everything. I needed to thank him! I'm  jealous that it looked like he's going to see Jesus first. He laughed.

I didn't want to hang up because that familiar voice saying my name when I answered the phone may never call again. I may never hear that rumbling laugh again in this world. His voice dripped with love and I could picture his smile and the twinkle of his blue eyes. How I wish I could've hugged him through the phone. Again I'm reminded of what an awesome reunion heaven is going to be. Oh Lord, heal him completely or take him quickly. Either way, thank you!

"Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of thier way of life and imitate thier faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." ~Hebrews 13:7 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment