Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ever Present

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?" ~David

After the honeymoon of spiritual rebirth into the kingdom of God, everyday life and decisions began to leach the joy right out of me. Added to the stress of which coffee to buy was the barrage of questions about my beliefs. Did I believe I could lose my salvation? Did I believe in "speaking in tongues"? What about praying before meals? Groups had scripture to back up well planned arguments for what they believed. It was overwhelming. All I could really say I knew was that the Holy Spirit had picked me up, cleaned me up, entered my heart and quickened a dead spirit. How? Through a human sacrifice. Why? Because he loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me!

I read the scriptures pertaining to each subject carefully and concluded that I wasn't going to worry about whether people could lose their salvation or not. I was going to focus on them getting their salvation in the first place. I wasn't going to argue about whether tongues were languages or angelic words, I was going to speak the words of God in the only language I know, English. They were right there to use and God's word in English works for me. I'm usually praying continually. There's so much in a day to be thankful for and so many people in need of prayer. There is no where I can go that the Spirit isn't present and that in itself is something I'm very, very thankful for.

Today, I'm praying that people's eyes are opened to the presence of the Holy Spirit around and in them!

"If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there." ~David   

No comments:

Post a Comment