Friday, April 12, 2013

Builder of Blessings

"They will not toil in vain or bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the Lord, they and their descendants with them." ~Isaiah

Washing the dishes, cleaning the bathroom, cooking, scrubbing and working to maintain a peaceful household is never in vain. The unseen work that we do is just as important as the finished product. One thing I've noticed about work is that people don't see it. When my husband and I finished building our house, no one saw the nine years of sacrifice and work that we spent on it. We may have hammered the nails but the Lord was the one that built the house. He saw it all.

My family has been incredibly blessed. We have been blessed with food, clean water, clothing, health and each other. When my children were small, I feared for their future and the future of the planet, country and neighborhood. This verse was such a comfort. It squished my fears and set my vision back where it belonged. God loves my children. The fact that they will be blessed will bless the world, country and neighborhoods where God places them. They will not toil in vain and although my grandchildren may experience misfortune, they are not doomed to it. What a wonderful promise!

"Unless the Lord builds the house, it's builders labor in vain." ~Solomon



No comments:

Post a Comment