Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sharing Shores

"The Lord their God will save them on that day as the flock of his people. They will sparkle in his land like jewels in a crown." ~Zechariah

I've been thinking about sparkly things lately. Jesus just came and took a dear friend of mine to heaven and a song keeps playing in my head. In it, the lyrics are, "I dreamed I went to heaven and you were there with me.We walked along the streets of gold beside the crystal sea. We heard the angels singing when someone called your name..." My mind has been camped out on the streets of gold beside the crystal sea. Every time I try to imagine it, the streets become strands of beach at golden hour and the water sparkles like a cut piece of crystal in sunlight. The colors of a sunset over the ocean and the captivating blue of the sapphire sea erupt in my imagination. Memories of walking the many shores that I've been on with so many wonderful people flows through my thoughts. Picking up treasured pieces of sea-glass, shells and rocks and sharing the thrill of discovering life in the water together floods me with praise for each of them. The jewels that sparkle in the land. My people.

Walking on streets of gold has no allure to me. It might as well be sand, I like the feel of it on my bare feet much more. Crystals, diamonds and other precious stones are rocks. The sparkle of an ever-changing ocean or an ancient cedar tree dripping with prisms after a rain are more jewels than any queen ever possessed. It's the people that are priceless. "I dreamed I went to heaven and you were there with me". I won't be looking around at the scenery. I will be gleefully watching my brothers and sisters in Christ receive their reward!

That's where my mind has been wandering. I've been getting a glimpse into God's glory by hearing the testimonies of the many people whose lives were changed simply by one man giving what he could. Thank you, my friend, for giving to the Lord. I am a life that was changed.

"How attractive and beautiful they will be!" ~Zechariah

No comments:

Post a Comment