Friday, August 2, 2013

Returning Peace

"When you enter a house, first say, 'Peace to this house.' If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not, it will return to you." ~Jesus

There is nothing more stressful for me than to be in an atmosphere of conflict and strife. It snuffs the light right out of me and my mind goes into fortress mode. I've walked into places of business that just seethe with an undercurrent of hostility that fumes off the employees and chokes the air. Personally, I can't wait to get out of those places but one peaceful and friendly employee can change the whole experience. A household is similar.

It would be a real trial for me to have to live in a house where I was the only "man of peace". I can imagine what a blessing it would be for a peaceful person to have someone else's peace rest on them. How entertaining the conversations would be between such people. How sad it would be though to enter a home and not find a single like-minded individual; to have your peace return to you!

"Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife." ~Solomon



No comments:

Post a Comment